Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Recovery week relaxation.

The milestones keep getting passed, this week was the midway point of my 36 week training schedule.
It also was a recovery week with lower mileage to take the pressure off of the body and let it rest a little.
I must say that it was nice not to be as concerned about getting up early enough to get my miles in or having my whole weekend dominated by long runs. What I had not anticipated was how much my mind to wander and with my concentration waning so quickly without a big immediate goal in front of me.  Of course it only high lighted for me how invested I am in this undertaking, bit of a shock to me really.
So a truly off week was enjoyed getting the requisite mileage done, eating off the planned diet and a relaxed mind.
Wrapped up the week with a very enjoyable run in the Granite Grinder trail half-marathon at the International Horse Park in Conyers, GA. An excellently setup race again this year but with a major difference in the weather. Last year was long sleeves and gloves, this year was sun screen and sun glasses. Which of course meant that the beer and pizza after was much more enjoyable.

So now it's back into things full speed ahead. My mind has focused again, ready for the task ahead.
18 weeks to go, lots more fun to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment