Friday, April 2, 2010

Preparing for the new territory -SweetH20 50K

Getting all of the gear and water and Gu ready to hit the SweetH20 50K in the morning.
A little nervous reading the comments from previous participants has not helped.
Comments like

~"That was the best and toughest 50K I've ever run"
~"first loop through power line hard, second loop just plain ole mean, not right"
~"And the route (holy crap it was hard!!) was great -- well-thought out and well-posted"
~“Top of the World is just plain hard"
~"Please let this be it for the surprises, I prayed to the trail Gods"
~"What a GREAT race!"
~"Feeling a little frisky, the RDs decided to cut a climb, straight up, from the trail along the river"

Have feeling tomorrow is going to be quite the challenge. At least the weather has backed off a little bit, "only" going to be in mid 70's how nice. Will have to remember to enjoy the cool start. No doubt it will be nice to get warmed up by the sun when I get past the river section.
Of course I now also have the super sexy Under Amour jocks which no doubt will boost me along the trail, of course I'll be happy if they prevent friction in a few areas that have become uncomfortable in the last few long runs.

Oh well all ready now I guess just have to get that good night's sleep and be ready for Angie when she comes by at 5:30 to grab me. Really appreciate her doing the driving as she pointed out I may not be in the shape for driving at the end of the 50 K. Ready, steady, go off to my first official Ultra-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment