Sunday, February 7, 2010

Welcome to the world of ice packs

Ah the end of a lovely 50 mile week. A great wrap up this afternoon at Kennesaw mountain which once again kicked my butt but it was great to be out in the woods under the clear blue sky and shining sun. Apparently the cumulative miles of the week have left my left ankle in rather poor shape, the tendon has being flaring up on off up to now. At this point it is officially on, thus here I sit with an ice pack wrapped around it, hopefully tomorrows rest and the lighter week that's coming will give it the chance it needs. Of course it's likely that I'll spend a lot of time for the next few months sitting still with an ice pack on various parts of my body, there is not going to be a lot of opportunity for the extended rest that the body need to heal fully. Just as well that my stack of books to read is piled high. Amazing how much quicker I am to purchase them that to read them. Of course based on how the twenty miler went yesterday Friday nights will definitely be spent at home for the next few months and based on the extending Sunday distances Saturday night will probably be similar. Great round trip of the east side yesterday for my twenty, managed to hit Oakhurst, Candler Park, Little Five Points, North Highland, Virginia Highlands, Emory, Clairmont road, Decatur and back home. Running in the light rain and threatening wisps of sleet and hail with the temperature in the low 40's is actually very invigorating. Of course that high I had when I got home may also be due to the relief that the heating was working and set to 70. Ah the joys of modern living.
Oh well there goes the social life, another casualty in this very reasonable undertaking.
Training week 10 here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment